SEM Bootstrapping SE always times out

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
mbarne28

SEM Bootstrapping SE always times out

Post by mbarne28 »

Hi
I use the desktop version and also have a priority user account.
In either desktop or cloud versions (update 2.4.9), I can never get a SEM with bootstrap SE to run - it spins forever on the desktop version or it time outs on the cloud version. I know it says it takes a while, but how long is a while? I've tried for 6 hours today hahaha
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: SEM Bootstrapping SE always times out

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi
The time needed to bootstrap a SEM depends to a long list of parameters: 1) How complex is your model 2) How many repetition you asked. 3) The type of computer and the speed of the processor on which the analysis is ran, 2) the operative system, among others.

For instance, a two factors, 3 indicators each, 200 cases, on a 8 cpu i7 running linux, 1000 repetitions takes 3secs. With three factors it takes about a minute. With 4 factors 1.5 minutes.

My suggestion is to estimate a very simple model with vanilla options, for 1000 reps, and check how long it takes. If you can't take the bootstrap estimates even with a very simple model, than we can investigate whether there's a issue.
mbarne28

Re: SEM Bootstrapping SE always times out

Post by mbarne28 »

Thanks!