Error in Plots in GAMLj module

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
simonmoon

Error in Plots in GAMLj module

Post by simonmoon »

I would like to report an error in Plots function in GAMLj module. When I entered only the predictor in the horizontal axis, the graph looked fine. But, when I tried to separate the lines by a categorical moderator, the graph was something wrong. I tried various options to improve the graph but it simply didn't work. I tested both GLM and GLMs but both showed the same issues.
simonmoon

Re: Error in Plots in GAMLj module

Post by simonmoon »

What is weird is that the error happened when the categorical variable had only 2 categories. When I used a different dataset with a categorical variable with 3 categories, I got a correct graph.
simonmoon

Post by simonmoon »

Investigating the issues further, I found out that GAMLj3 fixed all the issues. A catch is that GAML3 is not compatible with 2.3.28. You need the 2.4.11 version to install GAMLj3.

Although I resolved this issue, I will leave my comments here for others who may have experienced the same issue.
mcfanda@gmail.com

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

hi, I am glad version 3 fixes the issue. The new version has some features that require the latest version of jamovi. we could not do it otherwise.

Out of curiosity, was was wrong with the plot you mentioned? what was the issue exactly? I am asking because we never experienced issues with the plots, so it may be a special case worth investigating