Cleaning Data - Case-Mean Substitution IF

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
somereve

Cleaning Data - Case-Mean Substitution IF

Post by somereve »

Hello,

I am trying to replicate a previous study. To clean the data and deal with missing data, I need to: "As per Fogel & Kovalenko (2013) we did not remove any outliers and used case-mean substitution for missing data. To qualify for case-mean substitution, the missing data must have met the following criteria outlined by Fox-Wasylyshyn & El-Masri (2015) for self-report measures: (1) fewer than 60% of the items on a given measure for a given participant are missing (2) fewer than 15% of cases within a given measure are missing. We chose to use the aforementioned eligibility criteria to help maintain variability across measures and participants."

I am struggling to filter to use code to determine what % of each measure was answered by each individual participant to determine they answered 60% of the items for every measure/survey used.

Thank you!
jonathon

Re: Cleaning Data - Case-Mean Substitution IF

Post by jonathon »

yeah, this is a tricky one. how many items in the measure?

jonathon