Confusing results with decision tree

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Igor

Confusing results with decision tree

Post by Igor »

Dear colleagues,
Hopefully, you will be able to help me. I tried to use a decision tree procedure withing snowCluster block, but received very confusing results. The first node is invariably dichotomised at negative values, although there are no negative values in my dataset at all. I have tried to perform this procedure with the Iris dataset, and again there were negative values at the first node (see figure attched). Could you please advise me what might have been a matter and what is the solution? Thank you in advance.
Attachments
This is how a Decision tree looks like
This is how a Decision tree looks like
Iris.png (68.56 KiB) Viewed 194 times
seol

Re: Confusing results with decision tree

Post by seol »

Hi

That's because I've standardized the variables. However, I found that it is not necessary to standardize data in decision tree analysis in literature review., so I will update it in the next version.

Best Regards
Seol
Igor

Post by Igor »

Hi Seol,
Thank you for your explanation. Now I will be looking very much forward to getting and update version of this module.
With kindest regards,
Igor
seol

Post by seol »

Hi

Update snowCluster module in jamovi library now.

Best Regards
Seol
Attachments
이미지 002.png
이미지 002.png (18.15 KiB) Viewed 31 times