Unable to Open File in Linux

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
tmf2473

Unable to Open File in Linux

Post by tmf2473 »

I have created a couple of jamovi files using Linux, but I am unable to open them. I have tried on multiple distros and receive the error 'Column id already exists: 1'

I have also attempted to import the saved omv file in each Linux Distro as well jamovi Cloud and received the error 'Column id already exists: 1'

jamovi version: 2.5.3 downloaded from flatpak
jamovi cloud version: 2.5.3

Alma Linux 5.14.0-162.6.1.el9_1.x86_64 x86_64
PopOS Linux 6.6.10-76060610-generic x86_64
jonathon

Re: Unable to Open File in Linux

Post by jonathon »

hi,

sounds like a corrupt file. if you either attach it here, or email it through to contact <at> jamovi.org i'll take a look.

jonathon
tmf2473

Post by tmf2473 »

Thanks Jonathon. I've attached two files, the first one was created a couple days ago and the second one was created a few minutes ago as a test file to see if the behavior was the same with a simpler data set.
Attachments
2.omv
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
1.omv
(20.41 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

are you able to provide me with steps to reproduce this issue? we'll push out a high priority fix.

jonathon
tmf2473

Post by tmf2473 »

Here are the steps I took to create file #2 that was attached to my previous response:
1. Open jamovi
2. Enter numbers in column A - I kept it simple and went down the columns entering 1 2 3 ... etc. until I got to 10.
3. Save the file
4. Try and re-open it and the error will show up.

This issue seems to only occur when I create a new file using Linux. When I create a file in the cloud version or on Windows I can open it up in Linux without any issues.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

Hi,

I've pushed a fix, and once the build machinery is finished, version 2.5.5 should be available for linux.

The flatpak build toolchain uses quite aggressive compiler optimisations, which involves making assumptions that aren't always true. I've provided a few more hints to the compiler, so it doesn't assume so much, and that seems to resolve the issue.

I appreciate you taking the time to report, and for providing a reproducible example.

jonathon